Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Looper

Time travel movies are generally tough to grasp and, therefore, it's tough to develop a story around them because these types of movies make no fucking sense. Time travel is an absolutely insane paradox. I mean I'd get into the logistics, but I personally believe you're better off listening to Luke Wilson's rant in Idiocracy before he hops on the train with Frido. I'd link that scene up for you but I can't find it anywhere despite my best efforts. Regardles, Looper takes place in the future where the mob sends people back to the past to get killed by hitmen, making it impossible for the murder to be traced. The problem is that in the future, the now old hitman are sent back to be killed by their younger selves. I bet the name Looper kind of makes sense now, right? Anyway, there's some Asian chick and some blonde chick who can move things with her mind and some cute little kid who's got the temper of 1000 Russell Crowes thrown into the mix in order to make a surprisingly great film.


Making movies, making songs, fighting 'round the world x1000

Joseph Gordon-Levitt: People tend to not like this guy, but I think he holds his own in this movie. They fuck with his eyes a bit and give him an Edward Norton kind of look and he almost comes off as badass. Almost. 

Bruce Willis: He's never let us down in the past, why would he start now?

Overall, it's a very good movie. Zero complaints, fantastic ending, not award worthy but definitely something you should devote some time to see.

Magnum Review: 8.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment